Dec 5, 2013 Olds College and Alberta Biochar Initiative jointly organized the first quarterly technical meeting at Olds College in Olds, Alberta. Around 32 participants from Alberta region were at the event representing Alberta industries, academia, and government branches. There were several technical presentations and plenty of networking opportunities for the participants. Look out for more of these quarterly technical meetings in future, organized at different locations, one might be right in your city.
Below is the list of technical presentation with links to download the files:
- Biochar: Potential Uses in Turfgrass – Jim Ross (Olds College)
- Using Biochar to Remove Organics from Produced Water in Oil & Gas Operations – David Layzell (University of Calgary)
- Reclamation in Alberta – Bonnie Drozdowski (AITF)
- Research Updates: Application of Biochar as Greenhouse Growth Medium – Jian Yang (AITF)
- ABI Technical Progress Review – Keith Driver (The Prasino Group)
- Biomass Extraction and Conversion Leadership – Barry Farquharson (NovaGreen Inc.)
- Commercialization of the Biochar Opportunity – Lloyd Quantz (GreenedEdge Co)
- Quarterly Technical Meeting Concluding Comments – Don Harfield (AITF).
More presentations are awaiting for authors’ permission to upload the document online.