There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join your colleagues for a North American conference on biochar. Over the past six years, growers, scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs worldwide have experienced the remarkable properties and benefits of using biochar as a soil conditioner, as a medium for ecosystem restoration, as an agent for wastewater remediation, and even as a food additive to enhance livestock nutrition. The event will be held October 13 – 16 at the University of Massachusetts located in Amherst, MA, USA.
Registration is now open for this event at: www.symposium2013.pvbiochar.org/register.
In addition to learning about exciting new developments in the field through networking and formal presentations at the event, participants will also have the opportunity to attend the following:
- Ignite Talks – Monday night presentations by experts in the biochar field
- Exhibit tables
- Poster Presentations & Book Signings
- A Biochar Banquet with food stations that will feature local produce grown in biochar conditioned soil, as well as a variety of meats and adult beverages enhanced by biochar
- A Video Lounge
- A post conference field day to learn more about technologies with a hands on approach.
- To volunteer, ask questions, or share comments, please contact the conference organizer, Karen Ribeiro at: email@example.com
Ms. Thayer Tomlinson
International Biochar Initiative
(802) 257 5359
IBI is a non-profit, member-supported organization and is counting on your generous donation to put the Earth “Back in the Black”. Please join us at: www.biochar-international.org/join
(This is an email from Ms. Thayer mirrored here)